From each visitor’s charges, $1 USD is automatically dedicated to a local economy support program. These automatic contributions are injected to the Village Development Fund, which is used as a rotating micro credit service. The community, through a participatory approach involving villagers, the lodge and local authorities together, takes all decisions. Both guests and the lodge’s administration provide regular donations to the village’ school and other local institutions. Thus, the school could be recently renovated with a special donation of $13,000 offered by a generous visitor, amount which was completed with $2 000 from Kamu Lodge. In 2011, over US$ 52,000 accrued to villagers, 70% of which were earned from Kamu Lodge incomes. The remaining 30% came from donations for the school or medical support.